It has been a very busy week, but the good thing about being busy is that one can get a lot accomplished. For instance, I finally cleaned off my desk for the first time in months…
It may sound silly, yet the simplest little thing can brighten a day! A clean desk, a made bed or a bird outside my window… All can be inspiring.
That got me thinking about what inspires me in my day to day life. I draw inspiration from a lot of places, but I also like apps like Instagram to bring an added dose of creativity. For that reason, I thought I would share with you a few of my favorite accounts that I follow in Instagram:
1. bpartickflynn – This plucky Atlanta based designer is always making me smile. His flawlessly designed spaces and hilarious captions never disappoint!
2. ashleyhicks1970 – Witty Brit and son of renowned designer David Hicks, Ashley Hicks is a talented designer and burgeoning historian. When he is not posting about the humorous hens on his property, Ashley posts wonderful historical architectural drawings, art and other treasures from Britain’s past.
3. houseofjadeinteriors – These two Utah designers are spectacular. I find myself constantly drawn to their images and their flawless style! Generally, I’ll be scrolling through my feed and think, “Oh, I love that. Whose photo is that?… Of course, it’s House of Jade!”
4. putnamflowers – NYC floral designers Putnam & Putman create breathtaking and whimsical arrangements. Peonies, Ranunculus, Roses and Anemones galore!
5. usinterior – The official account for the U.S. Department of the Interior is one of my absolute favorites. It features photography taken in our National Parks. Being a lover of the outdoors as well as the indoors, their feed is a refreshing change of pace with expansive vistas and occasionally a taste of wildlife.
6. tiltonfenwick – I have always been a fan of Suysel & Anne’s wonderful line at Duralee and love their line at Target as well. Getting a glimpse into the daily life of this adorable design duo has been a blast!
7. humansofny – Humans of New York is based on a photographer who does street photography and tells the story behind each person he captures. With 2.4 million followers, they have been able to raise awareness and funds for those in need.
8. witanddelight – Kate Arends has a great stylistic eye and a super cute pup! Let’s just say the two are a good combo!
9. habituallychic – Heather is a NYC designer with flawless taste and a fantastic eye for photography. Her uptown style is always fun to follow!
10. happsters – Everyday Kelli posts an inspirational quote or two to brighten followers’ days.
11. aubrey_veva_design – As a self-described Interior Designer, Stylist, Mama, Wifey & Lover of Geodes, Aubrey provides a glance into her daily life and the beauty that surrounds her.
12. marymcdonaldinc – This applauded designer has always been a favorite of mine. I particularly love the glimpses she provides of interesting architecture.